Thursday, May 14, 2015

In her blog "Let Freedom Ring.. or Type," Stacy has an interesting standpoint on the issue of birth control.. While I'm not a fan of "ObamaCare," I do like the fact that birth control is available on a no-cost basis to people covered by it. This alone should eliminate most reasons for unwanted pregnancy or abortions. I'm not very up to speed on which types are available, but hopefully women have choices on what kind they are able to take as I know certain types affect people differently.

As far as the SCOTUS ruling on Hobby Lobby, I agree with the court especially since Hobby Lobby did not refuse to cover all types but only the ones that directly clash with their religious beliefs. This, in my eyes, does not constitute employers imposing religion on employees. They are still allowing employees that have different beliefs than their own to use birth control as long as it isn't the "abortion pill."

I 100% agree with you that if a person does not like it, they don't have to use it. As long as the issue is not rammed down people's throats, I don't see a reason to complain about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment